How to Apply
Admission into the Graduate Stage Management program is competitive. The program allows between nine (9) to eleven (11) students total (3-4 students admitted each year) allowing for individualized attention and support.
After your online application and application fee has been received and processed, and you meet the initial criteria, you will be contacted by the stage management faculty to schedule an interview. Please be sure to contact the Drama Office if you haven't heard from us within three weeks of submitting your application. If you move or change your phone number after you submit your application, it is important to notify out office with your new address and/or phone number as soon as possible.
Please note: for Stage Management students, the GRE exam is NOT required.
Deadline for the application for the Graduate Stage Management program is January 1st.
UCI graduate online application - ONLINE APPLICATION LINK
- Make sure to specify Stage Management as your “Special Area of Interest” on the application
- Includes: a "Personal Statement" and a "Statement of Intent"
Application Fee of $120.00 fee ($140.00 for international applicants)
- The application fee must be submitted online, checks will not be accepted
- Official Transcripts must be provided only after a candidate has been accepted by the program and mailed directly from the institution you attended to the following address: University of California, Irvine, Department of Drama, 249 Drama, Irvine, CA, 92697-2775
- Unofficial transcripts must be submitted via online application
Three letters of recommendation
- Submitted online by JANUARY 1st
- Click here for more information
Stage Management Resume
- Submitted via online application
- To be scheduled after your online application has been received and processed by stage management faculty Interview.
- Location will be provided at time of scheduling your interview time.
URTA APLICATIONS & INTERVIEWS
The deadline for submitting your application and fee is no later than two weeks prior to the date that you desire for your audition/interview.
A faculty representative will be interviewing both direct applicants and URTA applicants on the following dates in 2021:
- Online: Monday, January 11, 2021
- Online: Tuesday, January 19, 2021
*Those wishing to interview at the Irvine campus should apply no later than February 1.
For those international applicants that are required to take the TOEFL test to measure English language proficiency, a minimum score of 80 is considered passing. To be eligible to receive a teaching assistantship, a minimum score on the speaking portion of 26 is required. For more information, please visit the Graduate Division website.
FIND OUT MORE: